LinkedIn is a powerful business tool for building your personal brand and business. It is a direct reflection of who you are and what you have achieved in life – a key link to people saying a BIG YES or NO THANKS to connecting and building a relationship with you.
I become active on LinkedIn last year and trust me, it took guts. Why? I was used to being the one who operated behind closed doors and built others personal and brand profiles so they achieved global success. When you start a new business you need to get on others radar so your intent and purpose is clear. Research confirms, LinkedIn is the perfect platform if you are wanting to target and connect with other like-minded professionals. I looked at it, I studied it and I conquered it.
LinkedIn has delivered in the most incredible ways and now I teach others the power of this platform so they, too can shine a light on their intent and purpose and attract what they deserve into their professional lives.
Some fast facts:
- LinkedIn feed receives 9 billion impressions per week
- 3 million users (like me!) share content on a weekly basis
- LinkedIn drives more than 50% of social traffic to B2B sites and is considered the most credible source of content
My top 3 tips:
- Your image acts as a super attractor – direct eye contact, clean hair and a great close-up image of your authentic self as a profile shot. Invest in good photography.
- Your bio tells your story – make it powerful – the first few sentences need to have impact on who you are and what you are capable of delivering.
- Build your tribe and engage with others – there is no point posting a thought leadership piece expecting 100+ likes and engagement if you only have 40 followers. The maths does not add up. Use hashtags to expand your audience and build your profile.